Lets see... the last month... hm... I'm being ambiguous because I feel that I should.
Well, first off, I had a stressful two weeks because of one semi-big thing that, well, I'd much rather not talk about. Then, to top it all off I hear that I don't have a summer job, nor a job come next fall... Well, I guess there was nothing I could do about that. They told me it was budget cuts, so I'm believing it.
So, the following Thursday I have a normal and, actually, pretty good day. There was a new group on campus here at school called "Comic Book Club" (I assume you can grasp what that's about) and, after a semi-frustrating night of trying to find information on my university's web site (http://www.gvsu.edu/), I tweeted my frustration... Bad idea. Come the next morning, I'm skimming my e-mail and, guess what!?, I'm fired. Why? Well, my bad idea of tweeting my frustration equaled me being an ass and misrepresenting my place of work. BAM, fired. People were telling me to fight it--nameless people--and I decided to just move on. I messed up, I get it, the end. I don't want to say much more than that.
So! now I'm on the prowl. Jobless, broke, and ready to find a new job. I've begun to look/apply for jobs and I'm crossing my fingers. It's been quite a while since I was just plain out of a job (try like four or five years, so more like never) so this will definitely be an experience. I have some freelance work here and there and I'm hoping that those will get me by for now until I find something/anything steady for now and through the summer. Again, fingers crossed.
Enjoy this article?
- RT @themacinjosh: @MikeRapin but I can't fault you for thinking it's good, so I suppose the friendship is back on. 2 hours ago
- Today’s listening count of Daft Punk’s “Random Access Memories”: 4 #fb 2 hours ago
- Rum + Diet + coding. 4 hours ago
- Moving from one project to another. 5 hours ago
- Feeling stresses similar to “crunch time” during college. I need to spread out my obligations better. 5 hours ago