Just a few words about the Chicago Zine Fest I kind of went to but didn't:
- Chicago is awesome. I can't get over it. I spent two and a half days there and thoroughly enjoyed myself.
- Zinesters are the most interesting bunch of people you could ever meet.
- I managed to give out 12/30 of my zines to people I doubt I will ever see again, and I'm almost jumping with joy because of that. And I managed to do that without making it to the actual zine fest on Saturday, but instead to the awesome after party.
- There were five more people than I expected (expectation: 0) who walked dogs for a living and had a serious passion for it.
- Kuma's Corner is totally worth an hour and a half wait.
- Getting lost in Chicago strengthen's your knowledge of the public transportation system.
- Google Maps lies to you and smiles about it.
- Sometimes, bars play Adult Swim TV shows (read: Robot Chicken) on their big screens which means they get a better tip.
- Amanda Stevenson and I have no sense of direction... ever.